The Wonder of You!


For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so that we can do the good things He planned for us long ago.”

I was thinking about me but God reminded me to pray for you. For many weeks now, I have experienced a serious problem with my sinus and throat – unable to speak for long in any conversation. It was easy to pity myself and cry out to God for healing so I can teach and preach again. In the midst of focusing on me, I received a strong impression on my heart that I should be focused on and praying for you.

This happened as I was working out in the university gym near our new home. I teach others about developing a Christ-like mindset and attitude so that their ministry is really focused on others. As I began to pray for individual persons working out near me, the peace of Jesus began to fill my mind. I prayed for each of them to hear God calling them to consider and know Jesus as their Savior and Lord of their hearts. I asked the Lord to begin a work of transformation in every area of their lives. As I meet a person and have a brief conversation with him or her, I make note of their names so I can continue to pray. It is amazing how God often works in them as we pray specifically pray for others around us!

When I see you as unique and as created by God for an eternal purpose, then I can see the wonder of you! It is seeing you through the eyes of Jesus. It is treating you as a valuable, unique, precious person with tremendous God-given potential. As I truly pray for you, I can see you becoming not only a believer in Jesus but as one of his deeply devoted disciples: “God’s masterpiece” in the making according to the verse of Ephesians 2:10 quoted above.

  • Photo above is Margaret ( “Greta”), Stewart’s granddaughter when she was 2 years old.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Looney Tunes

Sheep on Track